Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Spotted: At the Steps of the Met

Darlings, for nearly two years now (since January of 2009), many of you have paid daily visits to Café Fashionista – my little humble abode on the World Wide Web. During that time, I have received an enormous amount of questions about myself, all of which have gone unanswered. You see, when it comes to fashion, music, and books I possess a little something called the gift of gab; finding it hard to hush in regards to three of my favorite subjects. Quite the opposite can be said when it comes to talking about…moi. Until now, that is. Oui oui, my loves! I am finally un-pursing my lips (currently lacquered with mark’s Juice Gems in Juicy Fig) to answer some of the questions I am asked most frequently by lovelies like yourselves, and to give you un petit peek into la belle vie that I lead. Fabulous, mais oui?

Where do you live?
A. Southern California by way of New York City. I was born in Greenwich Village, lived in Brooklyn, moved to New Jersey as an infant (a place where I spent many a-summer traipsing along the boardwalk of the Jersey Shore begging my mother to buy me hermit crabs displayed in the storefronts), and, at the age of five, migrated to Southern California. Despite the fact that I spent only a brief time in The Village, I am convinced that it is responsible for my creative side – a notion only made stronger after reading Suze Rotolo’s A Freewheelin’ Time. If you haven’t read it; you must.

What would your perfect day consist of?
A. Alone: People watching at Starbucks accoutered in Tigerlily’s Alis V Neck Sweater; or endless cups of coffee, curling up in By Malene Birger’s Baquilla Mohair Sweater, and watching non-stop episodes of Gossip Girl. Come to think of it, stop by on a Saturday afternoon, and you will find me doing the latter – sans the By Malene Birger piece, that is…it’s a bit too rich for my blood at le moment. With Friends: “The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with, never say a word, then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation that you ever had.” What does that say about my perfect day with the besties? Anything and everything is fabulous!

Who is your fashion muse?
A. Blake Lively a la Serena van der Woodsen of Gossip Girl. She effuses a bohemian free-spirit that I envy – yet does so in the most sophisticated of manners and dress. To put it bluntly, her style is so undone, that she appears perfectly put-together – if that makes any sense at all.

What do you always order from Starbucks?
A. Grande Light White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino – No Whip. Have that awaiting my arrival, and I will love you forever. Seriously.

7 Passions:
A. Books, music, animals, friends, family, shoes, and….life!

What are your obsessions?
A. Blogging. Serena van der Woodsen. Boots. Oversized sunglasses. Mix tapes. Gossip Girl marathons. Eloise. Writing. Twelfth St. by Cynthia Vincent. Almost Famous. Music. Lip gloss. Fairy lights. Sparkles. Peter Pan. Vanilla Bean Frappuccinos. Skeleton keys. F. Scott Fitzgerald. The Little Prince. Marie Antoinette. Sofia Coppola. Cocktail rings. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Coffee shops. Carousels.

What is your favorite quote?
A. Given the fact that I collect quotes the way a bibliophile collects books, naming a single favorite is very, very wrong in my mind; nevertheless, I will leave you with my current favorite - “A wise girl kisses but doesn’t love, listens but doesn’t believe, and leaves before she is left.” – Marilyn Monroe.

What is your favorite season?
A. Fall, fall, fall! The changing colors that accompany Autumn; crunchy leaves piled high to dive into; cozy, cable knit sweaters; boots; pumpkin patches; apple cider; hay rides; trips to the apple orchard; the arrival of the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks; fireplaces roaring to life; the smell of cinnamon and spice in the air. I truly cannot imagine a more magical time of year!

What is on your bedside table?
A. My cat! Gypsy does adore the cool breeze that comes in through the window above my nightstand. Sitting next to her is my 16GB iPod Nano (pink, of course!), along with my journal and BlackBerry Curve 8900. Sitting underneath her is the September issue of Town & Country magazine – please tell me I’m not the only one who adores what Stephen Drucker has done with it since he took over as Editor-in-Chief; F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Beautiful and Damned; and Choderlos de Laclos’ Les Liaisons Dangereuses - another thing Gypsy adores is lying on my reading material!

What’s on your playlist?
A. Sway by The Kooks; Private Affair by The Virgins; Armistice by Phoenix; Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters by Elton John; I’m Not Your Toy by La Roux; Any Fun by Coconut Records; Wild Wolves by Athlete; Time to Pretend by MGMT; and Love the Way You Lie by Eminem feat. Rihanna – just to name a few. Every girl needs a bad boy in her life, mais oui? Presently, Eminem is mine.

What’s always in your bag?
A. My iPod, BlackBerry, a small notebook, an assortment of pens (red ink is my current favorite!), Oliver Peoples Chelsea Sunglasses, business cards, wallet, and, being a typical girl, a cosmetic bag which houses a mix of mark Glow Baby Glow Hook Up Lip Gloss and Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss (for reference, I am the lip gloss queen!). I have tried to downsize numerous times over the years, but that attempt has proven unsuccessful time and time again.

Your turn, my loves! Post your answers to these very questions on your blog so that I can learn more about...vous. After all, you've just learned quite a bit about me; it's only fair. Besides...you know you want to.


Fashionably yours!


Thanks to la sister, Tiffany Sorocco, and Tumblr for the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...