Sunday, January 18, 2009

Birds of a Feather


I'll admit that when I first spotted those feathered headbands and peacock hairclips I thought that they were a bit outrageous. Since then I've had a change of heart.

There's something so 1920's flapper girl/Daisy Buchanan about the feathered accessories; just looking at them makes me want to drape myself in short sequined skirts, bob my hair, slip on my dancing shoes, and move.

My only predicament is choosing a color. Do you buy the blue/green/purple peacock style that will surely show up in your hair; or do you stick with the brown dappled design that will blend in a bit more, but still make a statement? Or maybe I should make a compromise and settle for the navy blue offering. It's subtle yet adds an undeniably beautiful pop of color.

Is it wrong that I'm longing for all three? Should I simply turn away from this purchase and set my sights on something new, or opt for the old-time favorite - eeny meeny miny moe - to help me make my decision? And, if I do take the plunge and make this - albeit minor - investment, do you think that I could wear it to work? Sure, I get away with wearing skinny jeans, brightly colored scarves, leopard print ballerina flats, and trendy jewelry to work; but would feather-adorned hair be pushing the envelope when it comes to office attire?

Oh, but all that aside, in the words of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory's Veruca Salt, "I want it now!"


Fashionably yours!


Thanks to Urban Outfitters for the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...