Friday, April 2, 2010

Romancing Republic

Darlings, while I can’t exactly proclaim that I am paid for such expertise (though, obviously, I wish I could!); I have quite the knack for entering any store imaginable – of the style variety, that is – and emerging having found at least one blissful blouse, sassy skirt, tantalizing tank, or seductive pair of stilettos. My one design dilemma, however, comes in the form of dresses.

It is not that I don’t love dresses, mind you; rather, it is dresses which appear to dislike me. The ones I adore swallow my petite frame whole, transforming styles that looked stunning on the sales rack into billowing, boxy aesthetics reminiscent of oversized nightgowns or house dresses; whereas the ones which are less than stellar always manage to fit me to a T – much to my chagrin, of course. Needless to say, I imagine I won’t have the same problem with the eye-catching creations I’ve found at Republic.

Pages and pages of fabulous frocks hover right before your very eyes; each one more glamorous than the last. Crafted Lace Dresses similar to a style that Blair Waldorf would gladly don during a family dinner full of piercing gazes and snarky commentary; Denim Dungaree Dresses quite like that seen upon the lanky form of Alexa Chung; polka-dotted pretties proffering retro detailing and simply screaming to be paired with lace up espadrilles; and, my personal favorite, flirty florals like the Miso Daisy Dress ideal for an afternoon stroll in the park, lace-trimmed parasol held high overhead.

Love is in the air, kitty cats!


Fashionably yours!


Thanks to Republic for the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...