Monday, February 9, 2009

Glove at First Sight

I can’t feel my hands, my fingers are practically immobile, and my fingertips are blue. There is an upside, however. Something to remedy the situation, if you will. Gloves!

I haven’t worn gloves since my last stay in New York City . Face it, this is Southern California , why would I even need them? Well…I do. Thus, the time has come to bring a pair of brand spanking new gloves home. I can already picture unwrapping them from their shop box. Slipping them on. Fawning over them. But, let’s not get ahead of ourselves; first I need to make the tough choice. Here are some options...

Betsey Johnson Baby Strip with Ruffles Gloves - $30. Ruffles, enough said.

Lowie Red Fingerless Gloves - $61. I understand that fingerless gloves aren’t the most practical selection as they are, well, fingerless. But who doesn’t want to be the proud owner of a pair of red gloves. Besides, look how sweet the cable knit and bow detail is. Those features alone would keep you warm – at least on the inside!

Ralph Lauren Rugby Fair Isle Wool Gloves – were $65, on sale for $24.99. I don’t think it’s possible to not love fair isle wool gloves, and the fact that these: a) are adorned with beautiful colors – gray, pink, purple, black; b) have little bow ties; c) are longer than your average glove, giving you warmth all the way up to your elbow; and d) have a matching bucket hat and scarf – just in case you want to splurge for a set – make them one of my faves.

Delia’s Cherie Flower Glove – were $12.50, on sale for $5.99. The baby pink. The flower. It’s just so…French.

Aqua Women’s Intarsia Bow Wool Glove - were $68, on sale for $47.60. There’s something so dainty and cute about these, yet completely simple and sophisticated. My only problem would be choosing a color – though I’m favoring the black and white.

These PUMA Fairisle Mitts in Ribbon Red have completely caught my eye – perhaps because they remind me of Valentine’s Day – and at $18 they’re a total steal, but…with these I’d be unable to move my fingers. They would be trapped in a chicly mittened prison that would make me incapable of completing even the simplest of tasks. Therefore, they have made it to the “admire from afar” list. But they’re still adorable!

Decisions, decisions…which would you choose?


Fashionably yours!


Thanks to ShopStyle, FarFetch, Rugby, Delia's, Bloomingdale's, and PUMA for the pictures.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...