Thursday, February 19, 2009

Swing Fling

I think I’m in love. Not with a person, but with an object...porch swings. Porch swings are such an elegant, yet adorable addition to any home; but, even better, they seem to be a prime location for all types of milestones and events to take place – proposals, first kisses, even just spending time with the family or curling up with a good book. These are just a few of my favorites...

The Savannah Porch Swing from Grandin Road is truly what dreams are made of. The white provides such a beautiful, romantic finish; yet also presents a lovely canvas for creating different looks. The navy blue throw pillows shown here bring a nautical theme to life; red may invoke thoughts of a barbershop quartet; while purple could easily bring about a royal flavor. The opportunities are truly endless.

Yes, I realize that the Siesta Quest Recycled Plastic Porch Swing from PatioLivingPlus is plastic. But the fact that it is offered in over twenty colors - including berry red, seafoam, and pink lemonade - adds a sense of childlike playfulness to your front porch.

If I were able to, I can honestly say that I would banish myself to a private log cabin in the Adirondacks, and spend my days lazing in front of a fireplace, baking rich desserts, and taking long, languorous naps with my cats. Since that's out of the question, I feel that spending even just a small amount of time in this Cedar Log Porch Swing from SwingShowcase each day would do the trick. It has the power to bring a little cabin style to even a city atmosphere!


Fashionably yours!

Thanks to Grandin Road and Swing Showcase for the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...