Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Going Native

There was a time back in the second grade when I was obsessed with Native American culture. While my classmates were snoring through study sessions, I was rapidly researching anything and everything associated with the Cherokees to the Iroquois; the Mojaves to the Navajos, and every tribe in-between. Thus, regardless of the fact that I am not in possession of a headdress, have never called a plank house home, and am much more in my element in the city rather than on a farm, I have decided that the time has come for me to go native. At least in terms of dress.

Wildfox Couture’s Light Feather Raglan Tee Shirt is calling my name. And yes, I have decided to answer. I’ll take the black, please. Despite the dark color, the dolman sleeves provide such a light, airy feel; and the loose, off-the-shoulder fit is flirty in a throwback to Jennifer Beals’ light-on-her-feet character Alex Owens in the 80’s cult film Flashdance. But the absolute piece de resistance is the colorful spread eagle and feathers emblazoned on the chest. The orange morphs to red; red morphs to pink; pink morphs to purple; purple morphs to blue. It’s an ombre effect that is both irresistible and impossible to ignore.

Can you imagine how divine this would look paired with skinny jeans and slouchy boots? Ooh, I get chills just thinking about it. Come to me now, Light Feather. I already have a space in my closet ready for you to reside.





Fashionably yours!


Thanks to Singer22 for the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...