Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sleeping Beauty

As a child, I often questioned why Princess Aurora (aka Sleeping Beauty) refused to wake-up after pricking her finger on a spinning wheel, despite the attempts of three magic fairies. At the time, I didn’t realize that it would take a kiss from the handsome Prince Phillip to do the trick. Now, however, I don’t blame her for craving some shut-eye. For if I was resting on any of the blissful offerings from Rubie Green’s Bedding Collection, well, I would want to make like Sleeping Beauty and never wake up again myself.

I am truly head over heels for their collection, and it has nothing to do with the fact that everything they offer is organic and eco-friendly, nor does the credit fall to their reasonable prices. Instead, I am more stricken with the line due to the serene, pastel-inspired colors, in addition to the advertising technique which pictures a relatable twenty-something reading on a couch in a sophisticated sundress, tossing a sunshine-colored pillow about, and simply relaxing – things that we would all love to do while resting upon such scrumptious bedding.

The East Village Duvet Cover is my best-loved offering of the lot. The white zig zag design on the pale pink backdrop is fit for a king (or queen!). I can’t help but want to curl up in it with a warm mug of coffee much like the picture illustrates. It seems like the ideal plan for a lazy Sunday morning; complete with warm, buttery croissants, and a few glossies.

Yes, yes, yes...I’m fancying myself a Sleeping Beauty moment right about...now.


Fashionably yours!


Thanks to Rubie Green for the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...