Thursday, November 5, 2009

Astley in the Sky with Diamonds

Darlings, my amassment of everything from cocktail rings to chokers, pendants to charm bracelets, and everything in between is proof enough that I am not one to forget where and when I received a particular piece of jewellery. I can accurately tell you how old I was, where I was, and who I was, or was not with, while purchasing such frippery. The one place I have not had the pleasure of naming as a source for my precious baubles is Astley Clarke. But that, dolls, is about to change; for I have made up my mind – from now on I vow only to shop their tantalizing trimmings, for the sheer fact that I have fallen in love with too many pieces not to!

I have come to realize that I need a one stop shop where I can browse the beauteous wares of countless different designers from all different walks of life. I want to see necklaces from New York; rings from Romania; charm bracelets from Czechoslovakia; earrings from England, and so on and so forth. After all, what better way for one to heighten their culture and knowledge of the fashion world than by exposing themselves to trinkets from all over the world?!

With just a few browses at Astley, I have fallen in love with the Sicilian designer Agrigento, who creates the most stunning cuffs and pendants shaped as reindeers frolicking in the forest – a Rudolph-inspired touch to your holiday ensemble; as well as New York design duo Takara, and their drop dead gorgeous Disco Ball Ring – finery that combats the size and weight of the snowballs I plan on casting in the direction of cute boys during my two-week stay in New York City.

The only thing naughty about Astley Clarke is that the gorgeous goods it keeps proffering my way are at risk of depleting my savings account; but, it is the holidays, a time for splurging, so perhaps that’s more of a nicety on their part.

Fashionably yours!


Thanks to Astley Clarke for the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...