Friday, November 6, 2009

Pining Over Underpinnings

One might think of me as a sad sack, of sorts. While other girls are pining over cute boys who have promised to call and haven’t, or the fact that they’ve failed a test they should have nailed with their eyes closed, I find myself pining over underpinnings; or rather, my lack thereof.

Over the years I have loved and lost many a pairs of fabulous undergarments. In the first grade there were my tried and true pink Barbie-emblazoned pair which mysteriously disappeared on their way to the laundry machine – or while within said machine; it’s still a mystery to me. Second grade was spotted with cartoon characters – My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears – all prancing gaily across meadows with rainbows in the background. Third grade catered to a slew of boy bands; bits I would don with nothing more than a tank top in the privacy of my bedroom while lip syncing to their melodies which ran the gamut of cheesy to cheeky.

I guess you could say that my likes and dislikes throughout life could easily be tracked by the designs marking my bloomers; something that many might feel embarrassment over – but I feel pride. After all, scrapbooks are so clichéd nowadays; a good underwear collection is sure to make you stand out. Which is why I’m absolutely dying for the chance to incorporate a few cute and comfy pairs from Portland, Oregon’s Makool into my lingerie drawer.

The Underpinnings Collection, while small, is one of the most clever I have ever set eyes on, for instead of marking each pair with a day of the week (I’m sure you, like me, owned a set of these sometime during elementary school), they’ve simply created a pair for each month – all crafted in a haphazard jumble of bits and pieces of material left over from larger projects, giving them a DIY ambiance and making them completely one-of-a-kind.

Are you pining over underpinnings, kittens?


Fashionably yours!


Thanks to Makool for the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...