Saturday, June 20, 2009

Smitten Saturday

Duck, Duck...whichgoose! Don’t tell me that you can’t remember I Love the Butterfly Girl, my proclamation of passion towards the divine Cocoon Combs found on Etsy. I know firsthand that it is not easy to forget the romantic, whimsical creations of Miss whichgoose; for her hairpieces have been flitting through my mind for the past two weeks, and finally I can proudly call one my own, as her pink Heart You Floral Hair Comb is on it’s way to me as we speak courtesy of Eyeliah at Style Symmetry. Yes, I will admit that the lovely little hair adornment hasn’t even arrived, and already I’m adding new whichgoose creations to my wish list. Next I’ll take the Princess Buttercup – Daisy Fascinator, Cocoon – Butterfly Hair Comb, and Audrey, s’il vous plait. Perhaps a playful game is in order. Duck, duck...whichgoose!

Shop It To Me I’m going to let you in on a little secret...though, perhaps, I shouldn’t be revealing this bit of information to you. Why? Well, if you’re a slave to fashion, much like myself, you may find yourself sucked into the divine world of fashion sales, deals, and steals known as Shop It To Me. Since joining just last week, I signed up for all of my favorite brands – Christian Louboutin, DVF, Elizabeth and James...and now, whenever there’s a sale on an item, I get an e-mail notifying me about it, and tempting me to charge everything my heart desires. It’s like a virtual personal shopper who knows exactly what I’m looking for. Don’t you want to Shop It To Me, too?

RR The temperature has risen to unbearable heights as of late, and all I can think about doing is holing up somewhere cozy and indulging in a bit of RR. Don’t get me wrong, of course, I’m not looking for rest and relaxation in the confines of my bedroom, where I can laze about in pajamas, sip fruity drinks, and catch up on Gossip Girl. Non! I simply want a little one on one time with Every Day with Rachael Ray. A magazine which brings the domestic goddess out in me, and makes me want to tie an apron around my waist and spend all of my time in the kitchen. This Chilled Raspberry Cream Pie is pretty and absolutely perfect for an unbearably hot day. This Summer Vegetable Pasta is colorful and the current object of my foodie affections. And these Mini Fruit Tart Buffet’s are simply too adorable to resist. Of course, once I’m finished in the kitchen, I’ll take a trip to some exotic locale vicariously through Rachael herself; because you see, loves, RR has a little something for everyone!

LnA Candy It’s here! It’s here! It’s finally here! The LnA Off the Shoulder Long Sleeve Flashdance Top in Midnight Blue that I pre-ordered from Singer22 a few weeks ago arrived two days ago, and it’s even more perfect than I could have imagined! Effortlessly chic, casual, and comfy – just what I was looking for! It’s so amazing, in fact, that I now want to pick it up in orchid and white; and, you know, since we’re on the subject on LnA, I’m kind of crushing on this LnA One Shoulder Dress in Crimson which would look so divine paired with black booties or motorcycle boots adorned with silver chains; then there are these Lace Zipper Leggings in Black which have an element of girly glam mixed with tough grunge; and I certainly wouldn’t mind having a pair of these Skinny Pants in Black or any other LnA offering hanging out in my closet. LnA...it’s like candy for a fashion maven’s soul.

Hunting for Fashion I’ve wanted to be Nancy Drew since I was old enough to read. To wear cute day dresses, drive around in a boxcar, and solve mysteries on a daily basis. So leave it to Rachel Nasvik to practically hand me the opportunity to do just that on a silver platter via her Bag Hunt, and – surprise, surprise – I’m not in New York City to join in the fun. To slip on a chic trench coat, put on my thinking cap, and search for a Rachel Nasvik original Alice Bond of my very own. I followed the Twitter updates, contemplated what gritty locations the punchy colored purses would be abandoned, and daydreamed about the girly essentials each bag would contain – lipgloss, bobby pins, designer keychains. But, alas, I could only participate in my dreams. Rachel, I want to hunt for fashion...please, please, please bring this event to the West Coast!

La Lacy Lily What’s better than jewelry and lace? Why jewelry adorned with lace, to be sure! Lily Gardner is the new object of my affection for she fuses two of my favorite things together in practically all of her creations: jewelry and lace. The Mirror/Lace Leaf Ring makes my heart skip a beat. The Shaped Lace Cuff is simply irresistible. And the Lace Tablet Necklace with Bow? J’adore! Who wouldn’t love la lacy Lily?

What were you smitten with this week?


Fashionably yours!


Thanks to Corrie Bond Photography and Singer22 for the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...