Monday, June 8, 2009

A Floppy Fervor

Yes, I have been lusting after American Apparel’s Wool Floppy Hat since writing about it way back in March a la Floppy and Fabulous. Yes, one of the reason’s why I am a headcase over this magnificent piece of headwear is because I am tempted to channel Brigitte Bardot’s effortless yet tres chic style. And yes, one of my rationale’s for not having yet shelled out the $40 in order to call this beauty my own has to do with the fact that I tend to purchase hats, wear them once, then toss them into the back of my closet where they collect dust until I eventually give them away to some poor, deserving soul.

But, dear me, I simply don’t see this hat facing the same fate. Nay, the Wool Floppy Hat is the cream of the crop. The best of the best. The pick of the litter. It is the epitome of all things fabulous, what with its wide brim and natural – but completely trendy – color options. And how is it possible that one simple accessory can be so multifaceted?

I’m off to the beach. My tote is in hand; my sunglasses are covering my eyes, and what’s on my head? My Wool Floppy Hat in light grey – the perfect complement to my pink monokini.

I’ve been invited out for drinks with a few out-of-town friends who unexpectedly stopped by for a visit. I’m donning my little black dress, but I want a statement piece that will help me feel sultry yet mysterious. I’ve just the thing to enhance my look – my Wool Floppy Hat in black!

My plane is coming in for a landing. I’m about to step off this aircraft onto European soil with a serious case of bedhead, looking anything but fabulous. But wait! I have my Wool Floppy Hat in luggage brown in tow. Paired with my leggings and oversized sweater I’ll look anything but bedraggled.

Stop! Don’t tell me that this hat won’t work with your wardrobe, because it will. Don’t use the excuse that you don’t look good in a hat, because you’ll look fabulous in this one. Don’t state that this marvel is out of your price range, because $40 for a handcrafted hat made of natural fibers is a steal.

That’s it. I’ve convinced myself. I’m in dire need of this sassy piece of splendor. Be still my heart.


Fashionably yours!


Thanks to American Apparel for the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...