Monday, September 28, 2009

Beatnik Beauty

I can’t do it. I simply cannot bring myself to splurge on dresses that look absolutely ambrosial both dangling from the shop rack and when hugging your body, yet are destined to spend their days lopsidedly suspended from a hanger in the depths of my closet, lucky to be so much as yanked out for special occasions. Don’t get me wrong kittens, I adore dresses just as much as the next girl, but I most often find myself turning to the classy comforts of my highly valued skinny jeans; and simply can’t see the point in investing much cash in flirty frocks. That said; I am still incapable of resisting their coquettish call; their teasing temptation; their amorous ambush. Thus, I am permitting myself to invest in a few fragments of frippery; and the ones that I plan on scooping up are Xhilaration’s Boho Woven DressTarget coupons.

I have always been intrigued by the hippie movement. The ideas of peace, love, free spirit…it has all rung true for me over the years; made me eager to learn more, to embrace the fringes and headbands; the rose-colored glasses and wide-brimmed, floppy hats; even the poetry readings and bead-encrusted fashions. The Boho Woven Dress has the ability to invoke visions of all of this merely by slipping it over your head.

Darlings, I certainly do not foresee this frock collecting dust in a bureau drawer, or sitting idly in my closet awaiting its turn to be wined and dined. I imagine it being donned bare-legged with a weatherbeaten pair of cognac boots as I frolic in an abandoned field, a chain of daisies intertwined about my head like an organic crown. I picture it being tossed on over a pair of opaque tights, its billowy bubble sleeves providing a very modern-day Juliet Capulet silhouette. I see it being the ideal layering piece for vests of all shapes, sizes, and textures.

The only problem I do foresee, however, is choosing the print that is blissfully ideal for me. Will it be the Teardrop or the Paisley Stripe? The Feather Paisley or the Paisley Swirl? It is predicaments like this that give me the absolute worst headaches. Perhaps the truly ideal thing to do in such a situation is to simply spring for all four – at only $24.99 apiece, I can’t imagine a more appropriate solution.

Ready to try beatnik beauty on for size, lovelies?


Fashionably yours!


Thanks to Target for the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...